Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Claim CCA on a new vehicle that I bought that I use for work but I receive a vehicle allowance on my income?

I am salary plus commission and use my vehicle for work. I bought a new vehicle during the year and wondering If I can claim CCA. I receive a monthly vehicle allowance from my employer. On my T2200 The allowance is listed as an allowance that was included on the employee's t4.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can I Claim CCA on a new vehicle that I bought that I use for work but I receive a vehicle allowance on my income?

If the allowance is paid monthly and included in income then you are able to claim CCA on the purchase, fuel expenses for the entire year (limited by mileage) as well as insurance repairs and loan interest. Use the Motor Vehicle Expenses screen found in the Employment Expenses section of Turbo Tax found under "Income".

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If the allowance is paid monthly and included in income then you are able to claim CCA on the purchase, fuel expenses for the entire year (limited by mileage) as well as insurance repairs and loan interest. Use the Motor Vehicle Expenses screen found in the Employment Expenses section of Turbo Tax found under "Income".