Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I netfile 2018 return, error message keeps saying I need final version but I have updated several times and still nothing.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Why can't I netfile 2018 return, error message keeps saying I need final version but I have updated several times and still nothing.

There are only a few forms that have still not been finalized yet: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3769141

If you haven’t used any of these forms on your return, make sure there are no unused forms open. Also double check that you (and your spouse, if you have one) have not accidentally said “YES” to the TOSI question. Click on Income> Tax on Split Income (TOSI) in the left hand menu, answer the question “NO” and click “Continue” to save. Then try to file again, starting from the beginning of the Review section.

- From the left side menu, select Review.

- From the options that appear, select Get Started.

- Continue through your return and file.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rflake

Please provide a solid date that the netfile issue will be resolved. I still can netfile my return using  T657 form.
sommer1

Please advise when we can expect to have final forms update for TTax Canada 2018  - I was previously receiving e-mails to update me on status, but they have not responded to my last 2 queries.

There are only a few forms that have still not been finalized yet: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3769141

If you haven’t used any of these forms on your return, make sure there are no unused forms open. Also double check that you (and your spouse, if you have one) have not accidentally said “YES” to the TOSI question. Click on Income> Tax on Split Income (TOSI) in the left hand menu, answer the question “NO” and click “Continue” to save. Then try to file again, starting from the beginning of the Review section.

- From the left side menu, select Review.

- From the options that appear, select Get Started.

- Continue through your return and file.