Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Tuition Transfer

It looks like TurboTax 2018 for Canada is not applying tuition credits from my child to my return, even though I entered all the dependent information.  I don't see it showing up on either my nor my husbands return as a line item.  Anybody else having this problem?  When I try to manually enter the value, it tells me the maximum transferable amount is 0.  I know it's not - I just completed his taxes and transferred the amount!

5 Replies

Student Tuition Transfer

I am having the same problem as well.  I was able to apply the right amount to my son's return, and transferred the remaining to me.  When I enter in the amounts they request, it won't apply anything.  When I try to override it an manually enter in the amount, it says the amount transferrable is also 0.  I haven't been able to figure it out yet either though.  

dfthomson

Student Tuition Transfer

I have the same problem.  Does TurboTax have a bug fix yet??

Student Tuition Transfer

I had copied and pasted amounts from my son’s return into my return for the section that asks for his income - it turns out the decimal place didn’t copy through, so it had his income as MUCH higher than it really was.  I presume the program thought he must have needed the credits.  When I corrected his income, everything sorted itself out and credits were applied.  I looked at this for days before I found the error!!!

Student Tuition Transfer

I am having a similar issue!  When I complete my daughter's return, it says she has about $3400 that can be transferred to me or her dad.  But when I complete our returns, it says the maximum amount for transfer is about $1100.00.  I tried to manual override it, but I can't.  I get a message saying the maximum amount is $1100.00??
AW4

Student Tuition Transfer

I have the same problem. The Tuition Transfer information does not get saved in the Quebec schedule A section B. It keeps on reverting to zero. This is frustrating. I've been on the call twice already with Turbotax and they can't resolve it.