Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get an error: "The amount you designate for transfer to an RRSP/PRPP cannot be greater than the eligible income reported for transfer". How do I fix this?

I contributed my bonus to my RRSP in February 2019, so it is within the 60 days. I did the same thing last year. This year, when doing taxes, I attempted to put it into the designated transfer but an error came up saying it could not be higher than the transfer. I read here that there should be a box 60 on my T4 from last year but that also is not there (from doing the same thing last year). Where should I put the RRSP contributions I did last month?

4 Replies

I get an error: "The amount you designate for transfer to an RRSP/PRPP cannot be greater than the eligible income reported for transfer". How do I fix this?

Two steps are involved:

1. You'll enter the transfer as an RRSP contribution.
  2. Then you'll fill in the transfer question with the same number.

All of my attempts are failing for fixing my contribution to RRSP which includes minimum payment requirement for payment need under HBP.

Your reply line # 2 is confusion for me because it is not "The designated transfer of eligible income amount" - am I interpreting it due my poor English skill?

Two cent suggestion:

For solving following error message, I am struggling since last couple of days and given possible from your website is not helping me due to my own dumbness:

The designated PRPP amount cannot be greater than your total eligible contributions”

For a dump person like me, if a provision of attaching the “Screen shot” (Host +E) is allowed, the life would have been easier for person like me.

I don’t think that attaching some selected “Screen Shot” will have any privacy issue – please correct me if my observation/analysis is dumb.

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

Ok since I don't know which version you are using, I will give you screenshots of both the TTD and the TTO versions. In both version, use the "Find" engine on the top bar and sear for the "RRSP profile". choose RRSP contributions, HBP, LLP, and any other applicable options.

In the TTD tool:

For the TTO tool:

I hope this was helpful