Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kdmarat

Sold principal residence and bought new one. I have checked the first option on line 179 and filled in the information on the PRWS and T2091. Error on review?

All information on the PRWS and T2091 is correct.

Error is:

"You have reported the sale of your principal residence(s) but the street, city, and/or country pertaining to your residence(s) is ..."

I called your help line (case number: xxxxxxxxx) and they said that this problem would be fixed, and a follow-up email said this has been fixed,  ("...the issue which was causing the experience to be stuck in a loop has been resolved... "), but I still have the problem.  

Line 179 on Schedule 3 has red Xs rather than black Xs on both my and my wife's returns.On a printed PDF copy of the returns, my wife's return has two copies of form T2091, one with the correct information, and one blank.  How do I get rid of the second one?  Is this creating the error on the review?

Trying to fix the problem during the review the program tries to add a SECOND principal residence !, and then says that I have checked multiple options for line 179.  If I print the return it looks perfectly fine, but I can't NETFILE.  When will this be fixed?  This should be a simple situation, and I am getting very frustrated.

Tried clearing all information regarding the sale of a principal residence (line 179, PRWS, T2091) and reentering it and the problem still occurs!

This is becoming absolutely unacceptable.  I spent 40 min on the phone yesterday, most of it waiting while the representative tried to contact technical support, only to be disconnected.  Today I called again, after waiting 20 min to finally reach a person, she said that he computer had frozen and to wait, then I was again disconnected!  Your product support is appalling.

This is a simple problem!  My wife's return has two T2091s embedded, one correct and the other blank.  This is causing review to request information on a second principal residence, which we never had!

3 Replies

Sold principal residence and bought new one. I have checked the first option on line 179 and filled in the information on the PRWS and T2091. Error on review?

The easiest way to remove that 2nd form is by going to the Forms view and clearing/closing.

1. In Forms mode (Click the button marked Forms in the upper right), click on the tab named to the right of your spouse's name at the very bottom of the screen. This brings up a list of all the forms on your spouse's return.
  2. Select one of the T2091 forms. If it's the one that's incorrect - great! If not, click the Forms tab again and select the other one. The form you want to get rid of has to be the one on screen.
  3. Once the T2091 you want to delete is on the screen, click the Edit button in the upper left and select Forms ~ Clear current form.
  4. Once the form is clear, click the Edit button again and select Forms ~ closed unused forms. The form will close.
  5. To return to the Easy Step Interview, click the icon marked Easy Step near the top of the screen (to the left of the Save icon.
kdmarat

I tried these steps as one of the first things.  Didn't work.  Ended up deleting the .tt18 file and redoing the whole return.  That worked.  

The second form was not showing up in the list of forms, but was there when looking at a pdf printout of the return.
user20397

I ended up deleting the return and rekeying.  Thank you for the reply.