Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has Turbotax recorded my foreign income twice, once as Canadian income and once as foreign, and added the amounts together?

I recorded on the online turbotax that I had no Canadian income and only Foreign income. When I checked all the information prior to generating the PDF, the information correctly recorded my UK income in Canadian dollars as foreign income. However, when I generated the PDF of my tax form, it recorded this income twice, once in the 'Canadian Income' section and once in the 'Foreign-Source Income' section. In the 'Canadian Income' section it had the UK pounds converted into Canadian dollars. In the 'Foreign-Source Income' section it had the amount in UK pounds (i.e., not converted into Canadian dollars). It then added these two amounts together as if they were two sources of income and both in Canadian dollars, giving the impression that I had made significantly more than I have. How do I correct this error when there has been no error when inputting the information into turbotax and the information is correctly recorded in the review section (i.e., the section prior to filing the return)?

1 Reply
dbmaxnb

Why has Turbotax recorded my foreign income twice, once as Canadian income and once as foreign, and added the amounts together?

Did you enter the foreign income twice, both as a T-slip and as a foreign income slip?  I have US income, which I enter only as a foreign slip.