Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should "save a copy" or printing a return not include Schedule 4 showing my investment income and expenses, and should it not skip empty TOSI and WITB forms?

3 Replies

Should "save a copy" or printing a return not include Schedule 4 showing my investment income and expenses, and should it not skip empty TOSI and WITB forms?

I found a work around for the identified issue in Turbo Tax 2018 (desktop). 

You can print the individual form by selecting the print icon from the toolbar. 

On the next screen, I chose individual forms and then save PDF for your records. This action opens a list of the forms associated with the tax return. I choose the two investment sheets (formerly Schedule 4 and its annex in prior years) and saved them as a PDF. 

Jacques-B

A work around is a work around... meaning that can we at least know if this issue has been put in the pipeline of bugs to be fixed and will it get fixed in a not too far future? Tks

Carlos in the TT support line researched this for me and was able to determine that the CRA retired Schedule 4 after 2017.  The T1 now says "complete the worksheet for the return".  Whatever it's called, it should still be included in the pdf and printout.  Thanks for the workaround though.