Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I find out what this amount to income is for.

there is an amount on line 15 of T4A form.  I did not collect EI last year nor do I have this form on hand for the year 2018. This came up after download from CRA
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The best way to determine from where exactly these amounts originated is to log into your CRA My Account and look for 2018 slips using the "T4s and more" option.

On the main page of your CRA My Account, there's a section on the right for Related Services. The first option is Tax Information Slips (T4 and more). Select that option. On the following screen, select 2018 as the tax year. You'll see any/all slips on file with CRA in the Information Slip list.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Can you please double check that there's an entry in Box 15 of a T4A slip? Or is it a T4E slip?

The only box 15 showing anywhere is on T4A (P) and there is no amount in that box

Thanks I need a bit more detail to understand the issue. You've mentioned EI, line 15, and T4A. Can you please explain?

After download of CRA an amount was entered saying it is from T4E slip which in checking as to what that is "UCCB & EI Benefits" of which I did not have any in 2018 nor do I have a T4E slip.

The best way to determine from where exactly these amounts originated is to log into your CRA My Account and look for 2018 slips using the "T4s and more" option.

On the main page of your CRA My Account, there's a section on the right for Related Services. The first option is Tax Information Slips (T4 and more). Select that option. On the following screen, select 2018 as the tax year. You'll see any/all slips on file with CRA in the Information Slip list.