Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
sasafelia

How do I enter my CCA beg bal for tracking purposes and not have it increase my refund? I'm already in a loss and cant use CCA to create bigger loss.

I need to enter beg ballances of my CCA so thst the balances carry forward but how do I do so without it increasing my refund 

1 Reply

How do I enter my CCA beg bal for tracking purposes and not have it increase my refund? I'm already in a loss and cant use CCA to create bigger loss.

In the self-employment section of TurboTax Home & Business CD/Download you can put in your UCC balances, but then choose not to take CCA for the year. Your UCC balances will stay the same and carry forward to next year. On the page where you put in your Opening Balances for CCA, click the ā€œChange Calculated CCA Amountsā€ button. Then you can change the amount of CCA claimed to zero.

If you are using a different version of TurboTax CD/Download, then look for a link on the 2nd page of the T2125 page that says "If you would like to change your calculated CCA amounts, click here.".

If you are in the Rental section of TurboTax CD/Download, you can change the amount of CCA you are claiming with an override in Forms mode. You need to override Area A - Column 12 for each Class of depreciable asset.