Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a paper copy of form TL2 from my employer, how do I transfer employer info to TL2 turbotax form?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have a paper copy of form TL2 from my employer, how do I transfer employer info to TL2 turbotax form?

You do not need to transfer your employer information from the TL2 form to your TurboTax form. You are unable to do so but must keep this paper copy available if CRA requests to see it. 

To enter your Meals & Lodging from your TL2 in TurboTax, you must first go to your Personal Tax Profile in the beginning of the interview, answer "Yes" to "did you work", then answer "Yes" to "did you have employment expenses". You can then choose that you had "meals & lodging expenses as a transport employee".

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You do not need to transfer your employer information from the TL2 form to your TurboTax form. You are unable to do so but must keep this paper copy available if CRA requests to see it. 

To enter your Meals & Lodging from your TL2 in TurboTax, you must first go to your Personal Tax Profile in the beginning of the interview, answer "Yes" to "did you work", then answer "Yes" to "did you have employment expenses". You can then choose that you had "meals & lodging expenses as a transport employee".