Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I used the free on line version. There is no line 5860 on the provincial form 428. Where is it?

There should be a tuition transfer from child to parent on the parent provincial 428 form on line 5860, but it does not appear on the forms on the online version. I am just wondering what happened to it as I would like to claim tuition amounts for my daughter that she has transferred to me. The right line is on the federal form, but there is no line on the provincial form and should be.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I used the free on line version. There is no line 5860 on the provincial form 428. Where is it?

There have been some changes to the Tuition Credit on a Provincial level for Ontario and Saskatchewan for 2018 and New Brunswick as of 2017. Tuition is no longer a provincial credit for students in those three (3) provinces.  

Therefore, any Provincial amounts to enter the tuition transfer will not be available, as seen in previous years. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

There have been some changes to the Tuition Credit on a Provincial level for Ontario and Saskatchewan for 2018 and New Brunswick as of 2017. Tuition is no longer a provincial credit for students in those three (3) provinces.  

Therefore, any Provincial amounts to enter the tuition transfer will not be available, as seen in previous years.