Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alborzam

I tried to fill capital gains/losses form and my items are more than 100. However, the icon for adding new items does not exist anymore. Could you help me add more items?

This is more related to publicly traded stocks.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I tried to fill capital gains/losses form and my items are more than 100. However, the icon for adding new items does not exist anymore. Could you help me add more items?

You can not exceed the 100 entries of your Capital Gains in TurboTax, so there is no way to "add" more items. You will have to condense some of your entries to add them all.

CRA is fine with you entering a large amount of Capital Gains/Losses as a total. You can even work out in a spreadsheet or document of your choice showing the total Gain / Loss that you made (i.e. consolidate them) and report this way in the Capital Gains Profile. Be sure to keep your documents available to submit as proof if requested.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You can not exceed the 100 entries of your Capital Gains in TurboTax, so there is no way to "add" more items. You will have to condense some of your entries to add them all.

CRA is fine with you entering a large amount of Capital Gains/Losses as a total. You can even work out in a spreadsheet or document of your choice showing the total Gain / Loss that you made (i.e. consolidate them) and report this way in the Capital Gains Profile. Be sure to keep your documents available to submit as proof if requested.