Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My instalment account paid is incorrect on Turbotax but shows up correctly when I sign in to "Myaccount", how can I fix this and still Netfile.

7 Replies

My instalment account paid is incorrect on Turbotax but shows up correctly when I sign in to "Myaccount", how can I fix this and still Netfile.

Here’s how to go back to fix your instalments paid:

In TurboTax Online, use the Find tool to search for “payments”. Select “Payments Profile” from the list and click “Go”. Click “Continue” to go through the pages until you get to “Paid tax instalments for this year” page.

In Turbo Tax CD/Download EasyStep Mode use the Find tool to search for “personal”. Select “[Your Name] Personal Tax Profile” from the list and click “Go”. Click “Continue” to go through the pages until you get to the page that starts with the question about losses, and firefighters. You can change your instalments paid at the bottom of the page, so you may need to scroll down.

In Turbo Tax CD/Download Forms Mode, please go to Line 476 on your T1.

Gumeldog
Returning Member

This is the problem I am having for 2019 return. I have turbo tax premier. This fix does not work for the online method. Tax paid by installments does not come up in the payments profile.

Your tax paid by installments is entered here as shown below. 

Gumeldog
Returning Member

Who is Morgan?  I only hope she has more success with this ridiculous software than I am having.

I have Turbotax Premier, there is nowhere (that I can find) to input, tax paid by instalments, the software gets the info from, CRA, my account. Some how It only gets the amount from one instalment not the total paid. How can I fix this?  Please help I am at my wits end.

@Gumeldog Are are you not able to find the page or are you just not able to change the amount?

In TurboTax Premier, there are a few different was to enter/edit instalments paid:

Use the Find tool (magnifying) to search for “payments”. Select “Payments Profile” from the list and click “Go”. Click “Continue” to go through the pages until you get to “Paid tax instalments for this year” page.

You can also search for "tax" and the select "Tax Paid Instalments" to go straight to the tax instalment page.

Or, you can click on My Info > Personal Tax Profile for [Your Name]. Then click the "Edit" button next to

Other credits & deductions. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, where the second to last question asks if you paid instalments for 2019. If the answer Yes, then you'll get a box where you can enter/edit you instalment payments.

Remember to enter the TOTAL amount that you paid. So if you made 4 payments of $1000, you would enter $4000 into the box.

I use Standard download version, forms method

program does not allow entry at line 47600/159

"instalments" only allows set up for 2022

does not allow manual entry of tax paid by instalments

If you can't enter instalment amounts in Forms Mode, please contact our phone support team as they will be better able to assist you. You can use the form on this page to get the right phone number to call: TurboTax Contact Us

FYI: You can also enter your instalment payments in EasyStep Mode.

1. To switch to EasyStep Mode, click the “EasyStep” icon in the blue icon bar.
  2. Then Select Find from the menu.
  3. In the Find window, enter instalments, select it from the list, then click “Go”.
  4. On the Tax Instalment step, enter your instalment amount, then click “Continue” to save your changes.
  5. Click the “Forms” icon in the blue icon bar to switch back to Forms Mode.