Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lynette

1.HomeBus=$119 OL & $59.99 to DL-Why? 2.What is the difference? Why pay $119? 3. I have 4 in our fam-2 students (1 in uni)-makes sense to pay $59.99 and do the free ones?

I am unsure as to your pricing and why I would buy the $119 one (for 12 returns) as opposed to doing the $59.99 and doing 3 of us in the family via the free version.

Hoping to speak with someone.....

1 Reply

1.HomeBus=$119 OL & $59.99 to DL-Why? 2.What is the difference? Why pay $119? 3. I have 4 in our fam-2 students (1 in uni)-makes sense to pay $59.99 and do the free ones?

You've gotten the prices switched around.

TurboTax Home & Business CD/Download is $119.99 and includes 12 returns. 

TurboTax Self-Employed Online is $59.99 for ONE return. If you want to prepare your return with your spouse, the spouse's return would be an extra $19.99.

You can use the Free versions of TurboTax to do your return, but they lack some of the ease of use features and optimization tools that are in the paid versions. Also there is no phone support for the Free versions.

Here are the differences between the online and the CD/download edition of TurboTax: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3448448