Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tckruk

Is anyone experiencing issues with the online version of TurboTax changing information on a completed and filed return when navigating screens to review information?

I completed and netfiled my 2018 return, and wanted to review some of the information I entered afterwards.  In navigating through the screens using only the navigation menu and continue button, I noticed that the amount of my refund shown was less than what it was when I netfiled my return.  I found that some of the information entered on the 'Tell us more about your dependents' page was incorrect.  That page did not appear when I was initially entering information, so it was not updated.  Also, I am no longer able to navigate to the children's fitness and arts amounts entry page; it skips from the review claims for dependents page to the medical expense summary page.  Finally, it now shows that I am ineligible for the climate action incentive credit when initially I was able to claim it for myself, my spouse and my children.  The PDF of my netfiled return still has the original info I entered, but I would like to know why information is being changed in the online program without my doing so.  

2 Replies

Is anyone experiencing issues with the online version of TurboTax changing information on a completed and filed return when navigating screens to review information?

Issues like these are tough to solve without seeing the entries within the software. Our phone support team can help. Please contact them for assistance. Here's how:

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013

tckruk

I spent two hours on the phone with a member of the phone support team yesterday, and they were unable to help.