Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
czapski31

I have one employer who has not and will not be able to get me a t4. I want to do my taxes. How do I calculate the amounts that would be in the boxes? (CPP, EI etc)

My previous employer has gone mia. I have filed a complaint but was told to do my taxes in the meantime. How do I calculate all the boxes that would normally be filled on a t4? I have all my paystubs and would like to know how these amounts are calculated based on those numbers.

3 Replies

I have one employer who has not and will not be able to get me a t4. I want to do my taxes. How do I calculate the amounts that would be in the boxes? (CPP, EI etc)

You are doing the correct thing and reporting this income from you paystubs. I'll provide you with a list of the things to report and the corresponding boxes of the T4.

1. Total Income. Total up your "gross earnings" including any holiday/vacation pay if it is listed separately. BOX 14
  2. CPP Contributions. BOX 16
  3. EI Contributions. BOX 18
  4. Registered Pension Plan Contributions, RPP. BOX 20
  5. Income Tax. Make sure you add in both your Federal & Provincial. BOX 22
  6. Union Dues. BOX 44

Hello,

I am having this same problem. Do I need to add up everything from all my paystubs I received last year to put in those boxes?

Yes, you would enter the totals of each box.