Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MKN

Trying to file my 2018 return. Advised that I do not have an internet connection, but I'm connected with a secure connection. Tried 4x already. Scared to try again.

Already tried filing directly using Netfile and still got an error message. Used 4 of my 5 attempts. Afraid to try again and get locked out.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Trying to file my 2018 return. Advised that I do not have an internet connection, but I'm connected with a secure connection. Tried 4x already. Scared to try again.

You cannot NetFile with TurboTax or any software right now as CRA and other Govt systems are currently down. You are unable to NetFile or use the AutoFill and MyAccount services.

There is a banner message in our online software notifying people of this outage, and a notification on the Welcome page in the CD/Download version of TurboTax. Once CRA's electronic services are fully operational, the banner message on the File screen of TurboTax Online will be removed. We strongly suggest that you do not attempt to submit your return again until the notification banner is removed or we post an update in our social media pages.

Updates will be posted on our FaceBook and Twitter feeds. 

Follow us at www.twitter.com/turbotaxcanada and/or www.facebook.com/turbotaxcanada

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You cannot NetFile with TurboTax or any software right now as CRA and other Govt systems are currently down. You are unable to NetFile or use the AutoFill and MyAccount services.

There is a banner message in our online software notifying people of this outage, and a notification on the Welcome page in the CD/Download version of TurboTax. Once CRA's electronic services are fully operational, the banner message on the File screen of TurboTax Online will be removed. We strongly suggest that you do not attempt to submit your return again until the notification banner is removed or we post an update in our social media pages.

Updates will be posted on our FaceBook and Twitter feeds. 

Follow us at www.twitter.com/turbotaxcanada and/or www.facebook.com/turbotaxcanada