Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tribel711

Why is turbo tax telling me to paper file my return because of a CPPD lump sum payment T4A (P), I'm not allowed to Netfile for 2018

Do your CPP/QPP benefits, reported in box 20 of you T4A(P) slip, relate to a lump-sum benefit?
Yes No
A lump-sum benefit may include entitlements for previous years and could qualify for a special tax calculation. You should have received a letter from Service Canada showing the amounts for prior years.
If your CPP/QPP benefits, reported in box 20 of your T4A(P) slip, relate to a lump-sum benefit you are not eligible for NETFILE and you may qualify for a special tax calculation.
If the total of the parts that relate to previous years is $300 or more, CRA will calculate the tax payable on those parts as if you received them in those years only if the result is more favourable for you.
If you received a letter from Service Canada showing amounts for prior years, you should attach it to your paper return and mail both to CRA. Do not NETFILE your return.
If you have any questions about the amounts shown on your T4A(P) slip, you can call CRA at 1-800-277-9914.                      
1 Reply

Why is turbo tax telling me to paper file my return because of a CPPD lump sum payment T4A (P), I'm not allowed to Netfile for 2018

If you have a certain types of lump sum payments, the CRA doesn't allow you to NETFILE: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/e-services-individuals/netfile-overview/...