Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get an application error "the application was unable to start correctly". Why?

I bought TurboTax Standard package from Costco. When I was entering my information I realized I needed the premium for my investments income. Follow the prompts to upgrade finish entering other information - closed out and now I can't get back in -application error "the application was unable to start correctly"

6 Replies

I get an application error "the application was unable to start correctly". Why?

Please uninstall the software, then download the software from our site and use that to reinstall TurboTax. You can download the current version of TurboTax CD/download edition using one of these links: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3001486

If you are still unable to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support as they will be better able to assist you: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013

robficiur

Some other place said to uninstaill and reinstall -  but Turbo tax wants me to buy 2019 agian.

I have the disc and number beside me.   Customer service will open Monday - when many of us work.

@robficiur You can download older versions of TurboTax CD/download edition here: Where can I download the CD/download edition of TurboTax?

We recommend using the download to install the software as it has all the most current updates. The version on the CD is the earliest version of the software and has none of the fixes that were rolled out after release.

robficiur

Friday when i tried to re-download turbo tax - they wanted me pay again.  I have the disc and the number for the disc

robficiur

i need to know where to find the download -  i don't want to pay again.   I have  the key codes... 

@robficiur You can also try using this link to just download the software: https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tax-software/download-skus/turbotax-2019.jsp

If you are still not able to re-install the software with the CD or the download, then unfortunately you’ll need to speak with our phone support team. They can walk you through advanced troubleshooting and escalate the issue if needed.

I understand that the current hours are inconvenient. But, after NEFILE opens on February 21, phone support will be available 7 days a week, until midnight.