Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For Home Buyer's Plan (HBP), I am entering $2500 in cell called "Enter the RRSP amount you wish to designate as HBP" but it is not accounted in RRSP summary page.

I am using TurboTax for many years.

I am facing issues for 2018 return through TurboTax as the HBP repayment amount is not reflecting into RRSP summary although I am filling all amount correctly in all the boxes.

Is it a problem in software? I have tried to change the numbers and went back and forth many times but still have the same issue that my HBP repayment is not reflected in the RRSP summary.

Can you help me out? I have turbotax premier software for 2018 and using the same turbotax premier software since many years. I never had problems in past.

3 Replies

For Home Buyer's Plan (HBP), I am entering $2500 in cell called "Enter the RRSP amount you wish to designate as HBP" but it is not accounted in RRSP summary page.

Have you entered your RRSP Contributions and confirmed your RRSP Deduction Limit is entered correctly?

Yes, I have entered all info correctly

We've not encountered this problem and are unable to recreate the same issue. I'm going to suggest signing out of your TurboTax program and then back in again. When you sign back in, be sure to check for updates and install them if they are available.

If none of this helps, I'm going to direct you towards our Customer Support team for assistance with this.  Please follow the instructions below to reach an agent who can assist you with this.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013