Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete the child and disability credit of $2600. We have childcare expenses for 2 children. She has employment income but also a T2202 for education in 2018. .

Mine is the higher income, was initially going to claim child care on my income but not enough of a difference.  Neither of the 2 kids have a disability condition.  I can't seem to find out what triggered this $2,600 credit on my tax.  Thanks.

1 Reply

How do I delete the child and disability credit of $2600. We have childcare expenses for 2 children. She has employment income but also a T2202 for education in 2018. .

The easiest way to remove these unwanted amounts is to delete the dependant entirely. You can always re-add if needed (to claim a tuition transfer for example) but this will give you a clean slate for that dependant.

To delete the dependant using the Easy Step interview,

1. From the left side menu, click Introduction and select "Dependants" from the list the appears.
  2. On the Dependants Summary screen that appears, click Delete next to the name of the Dependant you wish to remove.
  3. Select Yes when prompted to confirm.