Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ph8

Separated in june 2018, can we both claim eligible dependant? all 3 kids live with me. ex is not claiming support payments on his return. Would it affect CCB?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Separated in june 2018, can we both claim eligible dependant? all 3 kids live with me. ex is not claiming support payments on his return. Would it affect CCB?

No, you are the only one who can make a claim for one child as an "Eligible Dependant" because the children lived with you after you were separated.

As your spouse was not a "single parent" at any time throughout the year, he is ineligible to claim an Eligible Dependant Amount.

The CCB will be based on your income only.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

No, you are the only one who can make a claim for one child as an "Eligible Dependant" because the children lived with you after you were separated.

As your spouse was not a "single parent" at any time throughout the year, he is ineligible to claim an Eligible Dependant Amount.

The CCB will be based on your income only.