Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hitfree

I have this error: You must enter a valid QST identification number to claim your Québec Sales Tax Rebate on your employment expenses. This should appear on the TP-64.3-V

I said no when I had been aske for Employment expenses.

I don't have any QST number.

How can I fix?

13 Replies

I have this error: You must enter a valid QST identification number to claim your Québec Sales Tax Rebate on your employment expenses. This should appear on the TP-64.3-V

Double check that your answer is No:

Go to My Info> Personal Tax Profile for [Your Name] in the left side menu. Click on the Edit button next to Income & work related expenses. Then make sure “Did you have expenses related to your employment?” is NO.

If you accidently put something in the Employment Expenses section and then changed your answer to NO later, this doesn’t delete the incorrect info. Go to Income> Employment Expenses in the left side menu. Answer YES to the question, so that you can go through and make sure that nothing is filled out in this part.

nellenoel

i did everything and called customer service but my issue hasn't been resolved yet. Is there a problem with my software?

I have the same problem...

EDITED

SOLUTION!

Use the Find function, type in Union, select Union or professional dues, click Go. Check that you haven't selected YES as an answer to "Did you pay GST, HST, QST and are you entitled to the GST or HST/QST rebate ?" The answer must be NO.

That fixed the error message for me.

abcd123

Many thanks to  janickimaciek

This is the Solution that works!
Turbo Tax software developers : please learn from this and at least try to make a code that does not make users waste their time.

Thanks.

vinny6

This error is still impacting me. I can't fix it...can't file in Quebec. Turbo Tax help. I paid for the service and now i am stuck. 

Mariabhatti
Returning Member

try fix and in first box type 9times 0 then 4 and in TQ put 0004 

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help you. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Unfortunately this doesn't work for me.  TurboTax is really awful.

Which TurboTax software are you using, Online or Download version?