Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use turbotax for line 221 carrying charges, I couldn't find it on the free software?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can I use turbotax for line 221 carrying charges, I couldn't find it on the free software?

You can use the Find (little magnifying glass) and type in "investment". Then highlight "Investment Expenses" and click Go. Put a checkmark beside which deduction best applies to you, Interest paid to earn interest, dividend and royalty income or  Investment management and advice (includes carrying charges), and continue to the page that applies.

You can also access this section by going to the sidebar of TurboTax, and click on Income > Investment Expenses. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You can use the Find (little magnifying glass) and type in "investment". Then highlight "Investment Expenses" and click Go. Put a checkmark beside which deduction best applies to you, Interest paid to earn interest, dividend and royalty income or  Investment management and advice (includes carrying charges), and continue to the page that applies.

You can also access this section by going to the sidebar of TurboTax, and click on Income > Investment Expenses.