Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roni

Im separated & claiming 17 year old son as eligible dependant Its asking me to confirm if his income is 0.He had a small income where do i adjust this? Its defaulted to 0

I am claiming my 17 year old son as my eligible dependant, i am separtated.  I am getting an error since it is asking me to confirm that the dependant's net income is zero.  My son worked casually during the year and made $6000, where can i enter this info?  Its defaulted to zero and i can only answer yes or no when asks to confirm if his net income was zero.  So i answered no and gives me the error. Anybody with the same situation? Thanks.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Im separated & claiming 17 year old son as eligible dependant Its asking me to confirm if his income is 0.He had a small income where do i adjust this? Its defaulted to 0

When using TurboTax Basic, click on Introduction on the left-hand side and click on Information.  Select dependants and you will be taken to the dependant information screen and you will be able to enter your dependant's net income.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

When using TurboTax Basic, click on Introduction on the left-hand side and click on Information.  Select dependants and you will be taken to the dependant information screen and you will be able to enter your dependant's net income.