Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emcl2005

Schedule BC s11 line 7 is more income than it should be, I can't figure out how to correct it.

Line 7 of the SCH 11 BC is showing $722,418.58 as the amount from line 260. Not even close! I can't figure out where the amount came from.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Schedule BC s11 line 7 is more income than it should be, I can't figure out how to correct it.

There are a few reasons why this may be happening:

• You entered Tuition amounts from the current year from a T2202A incorrectly. You should return to that slip and verify that you haven't made a keying error.
  • You've entered your Tuition CarryForward amounts incorrectly.
  • You imported your tax information using the CRA AutoFill service and this is the amount that CRA has in their records as your Provincial Tuition Carry Forward amount. If this is the case, you should contact CRA and verify if this figure is correct. It may be correct, but that is an extremely high amount of tuition costs incurred. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

There are a few reasons why this may be happening:

• You entered Tuition amounts from the current year from a T2202A incorrectly. You should return to that slip and verify that you haven't made a keying error.
  • You've entered your Tuition CarryForward amounts incorrectly.
  • You imported your tax information using the CRA AutoFill service and this is the amount that CRA has in their records as your Provincial Tuition Carry Forward amount. If this is the case, you should contact CRA and verify if this figure is correct. It may be correct, but that is an extremely high amount of tuition costs incurred.