Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
colouf99

Does TurboTax Standard CD/Download do canadian small farm taxes?

I have purchased both TurboTax Standard and TurboTax home and business and plan to return one of them. Its not very clear to me which package should be opened.  Reading the forum - there are mixed responses to this question.  Some say that all versions of TurboTax software include the farming schedule.  

Other responses suggest I should use TurboTax Home and Business as it has better help features.  Can someone please clarify

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You can prepare your Farm taxes with the Standard version of TurboTax, as all versions contain the T2042 - Statement of Farming Activities. In fact, you can use any version to prepare any type of return, even Free! If you start with a lower version then feel you would like more guidance, you can always upgrade and your information will carry over to the upgraded version.  

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You can prepare your Farm taxes with the Standard version of TurboTax, as all versions contain the T2042 - Statement of Farming Activities. In fact, you can use any version to prepare any type of return, even Free! If you start with a lower version then feel you would like more guidance, you can always upgrade and your information will carry over to the upgraded version.