Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My past employer have not deducted my cpp contributions for the year 2017. they are asking me to pay them directly. my 2017 T4 have $0 on CPP contributions

I was employed / worked for this company from March 2017-December 2017 and January 2018-November 2018. They have failed to deduct CPP contributions from my paycheck on the year 2017, after they corrected their mistakes for that year, they made the same mistake again in the year 2018.

Currently my 2018 T4 have $0 CPP contributions. I was contacted and felt harassed by my past employer asking me to pay them directly the CPP contributions that they have missed to deduct.

Do I need to entertain this people who were incompetent who made the same mistakes for two straight years?

What can I do for my 2018 CPP contributions, and what about their obligations of their share of that 2018 CPP contributions?  

Please advise.

1 Reply

My past employer have not deducted my cpp contributions for the year 2017. they are asking me to pay them directly. my 2017 T4 have $0 on CPP contributions

If you didn’t have the CPP contributions taken off your pay cheque, then yes, you will have to pay them to the CRA directly. You should consult a lawyer to see what you can do regarding your previous employer.