Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wanted to know if i can claim anything regarding my owned trailer that is in a seasonal trailer park. I pay seasonal fees and winter storage fees to the park owners

1 Reply

I wanted to know if i can claim anything regarding my owned trailer that is in a seasonal trailer park. I pay seasonal fees and winter storage fees to the park owners

It depends on what province you are in and if your trailer can be considered a “mobile home”.

If your trailer is considered a mobile home, then you may be able to claim rental fees if you live in Manitoba.

If you live in Ontario, if you own your mobile home but lease the land on which the home is situated, you may claim a property tax credit.

You would need to contact the CRA to verify if your trailer qualifies as a “mobile home”. If you are in Canada or the United States, you can call the CRA at 1-800-959-8281. If you are somewhere else you can call 613-940-8495. Here are more ways to contact the CRA: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/corporate/contact-information/telephone-numbers.html