Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
evidaich

For you to receive all the benefits to which you are entitled and to verify our validation,you to file a paper return and attached all pertinent slips and receipts.

The lady passed away on March 14, 2019. I'm trying to fill her tax return for 2018 along with his husband's tax return

His tax return has been sent with NETFILE, for hers I have the message I sent you.

Thank you

2 Replies

For you to receive all the benefits to which you are entitled and to verify our validation,you to file a paper return and attached all pertinent slips and receipts.

I’m sorry to hear of your loss. If the person has died during the tax year, then their return can’t be sent using NETFILE. You would need to print out the return and mail it in to the CRA. Here are instructions on how to print a copy of the tax return to mail to the CRA:

TurboTax Online:

1. On the left side menu, select File, and then select CRA Online Mail.

2. Continue through the interview until you get to the Filing your return(s) page. There, click the Print & Mail your return(s) button.

3. Click on the Open a PDF of your federal return for printing link to open/save a PDF of your CRA barcode return.

TurboTax CD/Download EasyStep Mode:

1. On the left side menu, select File, and then select NETFILE or Print.

2. Click the Start button.

3. Select “I want to print and mail my return” and click Continue.

4. Continue through until and you will eventually get the option to print the CRA copy of your return.

TurboTax CD/Download Form Mode:

1. Under the File menu at the top left, select Print, then Print Return.

2. Click Continue on the “Save a copy” page.

3. Then next page will allow you to print the CRA copy of your return, or save a PDF of the CRA copy.

evidaich

Thank you, but what about his husband tax return that has been sent already through NETFILE? Do I have to send his return on paper along with hers?