Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SB8

I can't netfile my return because of this error: " Your spouse/partner's income for the year is required to properly calculate your tax return. Where do I enter this?

The netfile error "fix" button doesn't take me to any screens where I can enter her income as zero, which it is. There is no way to file my return (prepared jointly). I can't find any place to enter her income. In fact, in review this was asked for her return to which I answered yes, so what gives??

2 Replies
SB8

I can't netfile my return because of this error: " Your spouse/partner's income for the year is required to properly calculate your tax return. Where do I enter this?

There is a bug somewhere. 

Go to forms mode and look at the personal information worksheets. Despite my spouse selecting YES for "do you have no income to report on lines 101 through 150?", my return shows NO for "Is your spouse's net income zero?"

I couldn't even find a place to fix this in easystep, and review didn't take me there or the input field was hidden.

Where is easystep is this question about spousal income as zero asked?

I am having the same problem, how do we get them to fix this so we can all file our taxes on time?