Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DG6

Why is the supplement for residents of small and rural communities not present for the climate action incentive?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Why is the supplement for residents of small and rural communities not present for the climate action incentive?

It is only added it you specifically tell the program that you are eligible.

To do this in TurboTax Online:

- Click Provincial Tax Credit Profile under Provincial in the left side menu.

- Make sure “NEW! Climate Action Incentive (CAI) federal credit available for residents of Ontario” is checked off.

- Click Continue until you get to the Climate Action Incentive page. Answer the questions on this page, then click Continue.

- If you qualify for the CAI, then a Good news! page will appear and you can say yes to the “Did you reside outside a CMA” question. This will add the addition credit amount.

To do this in TurboTax CD/Download EasyStep Mode:

- Make sure “NEW! Climate Action Incentive (CAI) federal credit available for residents of Ontario” is checked off.

- Click Continue until you get to the Climate Action Incentive page. Answer the questions on this page, and on the next one.

- Click Continue. If you qualify for the CAI, then a Good news! page will appear and you can say yes to the “Did you reside outside a CMA” question. This will add the addition credit amount.

To do this in TurboTax CD/Download Forms Mode:

- Search for “climate” and select S14 - Climate Action Incentive for the list & click OK.

- Answer YES on line 6014.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

It is only added it you specifically tell the program that you are eligible.

To do this in TurboTax Online:

- Click Continue until you get to the Climate Action Incentive page. Answer the questions on this page, then click Continue.

- If you qualify for the CAI, then a Good news! page will appear and you can say yes to the “Did you reside outside a CMA” question. This will add the addition credit amount.

To do this in TurboTax CD/Download EasyStep Mode:

- Click Continue until you get to the Climate Action Incentive page. Answer the questions on this page, and on the next one.

- Click Continue. If you qualify for the CAI, then a Good news! page will appear and you can say yes to the “Did you reside outside a CMA” question. This will add the addition credit amount.

To do this in TurboTax CD/Download Forms Mode:

- Search for “climate” and select S14 - Climate Action Incentive for the list & click OK.

- Answer YES on line 6014.

mitopops

It says that I am eligible for the Climate Action Incentive. When I go to the summary however, I checked off that I live in a rural area. However, the small/rural community supplements says 0.00 in that line. (FYI-the amounts are listed in the base amount, eligible souse and dependent lines) Did it not add it? I have checked off the box and tried re-doing it a few times. Thank you!