Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
omelo

After filling out T5008 box 20, 21 and type of income , there is no calculation. Nothing is affecting my tax return results. Am I missing something?

I've auto imported all T5008 slips and realized there was no cost included. After contacting revenue Canada, I deleted T5008 slips and entered 2 slips:one for investment, one for capital gains.

I've filled out box 20, box 21 and date,  making sure the income type is selected.

Clicked save, looked at the tax summary and there is no difference on the tax calculation.

I've tried entering a very large amounts like 1 million and still no difference. Total income, line 121, tax calculations are not affected!

I'm searching all over but can't find any answers.

Please help me.

Thank you in advance

1 Reply

After filling out T5008 box 20, 21 and type of income , there is no calculation. Nothing is affecting my tax return results. Am I missing something?

Firstly, close your software. And reopen it,  check for updates, then go back to your tax return and check on the Tslip screen for T5008 and see if the amounts are there, if they are, delete the slips and start over again. Let me know if that worked……