Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BDBond007

ACCTAX Services - Does anybody know what this is? I noticed it on my CRA authorized representatives list in CRA My Account. Want to be sure it's not related to netfile.

I noticed 'ACCTAX SERVICES' listed as an authorized representative in CRA My Account.  I do not recall ever granting any company or individual rights as my authorized representative so this is confusing.  Is it part of TurboTax and Netfile?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

ACCTAX Services - Does anybody know what this is? I noticed it on my CRA authorized representatives list in CRA My Account. Want to be sure it's not related to netfile.

No, TurboTax has no association with "ACCTAX SERVICES" and will never show up on your list of authorized representatives. Only registered E-Filers who you choose to authorize you will be on this list. 

When you file your tax return with TurboTax software you are using the NETFILE service to file your own tax return. NETFILE, is the Canada Revenue Agency’s (CRA) electronic tax-filing service which allows Canadians to send personal income tax returns to the CRA directly over the Internet, in a safe, secure manner.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

No, TurboTax has no association with "ACCTAX SERVICES" and will never show up on your list of authorized representatives. Only registered E-Filers who you choose to authorize you will be on this list. 

When you file your tax return with TurboTax software you are using the NETFILE service to file your own tax return. NETFILE, is the Canada Revenue Agency’s (CRA) electronic tax-filing service which allows Canadians to send personal income tax returns to the CRA directly over the Internet, in a safe, secure manner.