Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
birnbaum

Using forms method. I have entered a dependant but nothing fills in on Schedule 5. If I try to type it in, it warns but won't actually let me double-click or F3.

8 Replies

Using forms method. I have entered a dependant but nothing fills in on Schedule 5. If I try to type it in, it warns but won't actually let me double-click or F3.

What type of Dependant Credits are you trying to claim? You should be able to enter everything on the Pop-Up screen that appears when you click the Dependant Information icon while in the Forms view of your TurboTax CD/Installed version.

If you attempt to make overrides on Schedule 5, you will not be able to successfully NetFile your return. If you attempt to make a credit you are not eligible for, the software will not allow it.

Screenshot attached.

birnbaum

I did that (as per screenshot), and I thought it would automatically transfer the info to line 305 of schedule 5.  But it didn't put anything in line 305.  Should it?

Check the birthdate of the dependant you are trying to claim for the Eligible Dependant Amount, and also that you have said "yes" to "Living with Taxpayer". :relieved::relieved:
birnbaum

Yes to "living with taxpayer."  Birthdate is 2000, which means under 18 for at least part of 2018.  Doesn't matter ... when I make him younger, it still doesn't appear.  ðŸ™‚

Then only other things I can think of that would be causing this is your marital status, or the dependant's Net Income? If neither of these are causing this, I suggest contacting our Support Team.  
FA41
Level 1

I have the same issue.   Please let me know how to contact the support team.

My 58160 for Ontario filing do not update (we have 1 eligible dependent documented in the dependent form)

and then i followed the hints and find that schedule 5 has eligible dependent information BLANK.      Please help!

bjd24

Did you figure it out as I am having the same problem?

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.