Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do i report a rrsp contribution from my old uniuon from the pension fund?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You'll need to obtain an RRSP Contribution Receipt to claim this. If the bank has not issued you one, you may want to check online with CRA. If you sign in to your CRA My Account, check the Tax Information Slips for the year the contribution was made. It just may be on their system. It could also show up as an "Unused RRSP Contribution" with them. If it does, then you can import that information into your 2018 tax return and claim this right away.

If CRA has no record of it, your only option is to obtain an actual RRSP Contribution Receipt and report it by doing an adjustment to the tax year which it applies.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Is this an actual "RRSP" contribution or a contribution made to your Registered Pension Plan (RPP)? What type of slip have you been issued, if any?

yes,this is a RRSP contribution,I have not been issued any kind of a slip from the bank.

You'll need to obtain an RRSP Contribution Receipt to claim this. If the bank has not issued you one, you may want to check online with CRA. If you sign in to your CRA My Account, check the Tax Information Slips for the year the contribution was made. It just may be on their system. It could also show up as an "Unused RRSP Contribution" with them. If it does, then you can import that information into your 2018 tax return and claim this right away.

If CRA has no record of it, your only option is to obtain an actual RRSP Contribution Receipt and report it by doing an adjustment to the tax year which it applies.