Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is intuit.ca picking up my OLD email address (prior year purchases/prior year filings) from?

I net-filed two 2018 returns yesterday. I received the confirmations from intuit.ca but they went to my old email address. I did not use this email address to purchase the download product (standard). I did not use this email address within the return (contact information for Revenue Canada).  Where is intuit.ca picking up this email address (prior year purchases/prior year filings)?  I want to correct this so that it does not happen again next year.  I will lose access to that old email account.   I did call the intuit support line, howwever, the agent did not know where the email address came from or how to change it. (incident# xxxxxxxxx). Thanks.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Where is intuit.ca picking up my OLD email address (prior year purchases/prior year filings) from?

Wow.  After completing the tax returns and net-filing for tax year 2020,  the net-file confirmations were none-the-less sent to an email address I had not used for 3 years.  Last year (checked again today), I had made sure that the proper email address was associated with my TurboTax Online account.  However, I had discovered that my old email address was buried on an info-form within TurboTax Desktop and each year got transferred over to the next tax year.  I think I have fixed this now -- we'll see next year.  But if  the net-file confirmations for next year are again sent to my old email address -- I will quit using TurboTax for good.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Please use the following FAQ for instructions on how to update your email address:

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647988

Thanks for your detailed reply.  I had actually done what you suggest minutes prior to purchasing the 2018 Turbotax download. In fact, the purchase confirmation came to my current email address. But after completing the tax returns and net-filing, the net-file confirmations were none-the-less sent to my old email address. I am perplexed.

Wow.  After completing the tax returns and net-filing for tax year 2020,  the net-file confirmations were none-the-less sent to an email address I had not used for 3 years.  Last year (checked again today), I had made sure that the proper email address was associated with my TurboTax Online account.  However, I had discovered that my old email address was buried on an info-form within TurboTax Desktop and each year got transferred over to the next tax year.  I think I have fixed this now -- we'll see next year.  But if  the net-file confirmations for next year are again sent to my old email address -- I will quit using TurboTax for good.

monnom74

How to change my email address for Desktop TurboTax ?

Please go to your Intuit account. You will now go to Sign in & security to change your email. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

camfam230
Returning Member

My 2023 tax return did the same thing....I went into my intuit profile last year, updated email (says its verified), entered new email on desktop turbotax...went into form mode to make sure it showed correctly...called CRA to verify my email (no issues)...

Note - I have been transferring returns for 3-4 years and it is sending the NETfile confirmation to my old work email.

Something is definitely wrong.

Did you include your email address in your tax return when you filed it?

camfam230
Returning Member

Hello TTBrenda - 

Yes I did. Entered via Easy Step and then went into Forms Method to verify.

NETfile was fine...return was filed but confirmation email went to an old address.

If I'm not mistaken, this is the first year the email address was available to enter.

C230

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. When asked if you wish to have an email sent, say NO then say "speak to a representative" and hold the line. 

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.