Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcchoo

How can I claim the Canadian Caregiver credit on line 307 instead of line 304 currently claim by TurboTax? CRA advised last year that this need to be claimed on line 307

This is for my infirm parent (ie. other infirm dependants age 18 or older).   I Netfile last year with the credit claimed by TurboTax on line 304, and it was rejected by CRA and advised that it needs to be claimed on line 307 in the future.   Thus, this year I'm trying to figure out how to change the claim from line 304 to line 307.  I have already verified that I have entered and answered all the questions correctly.   Please help.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How can I claim the Canadian Caregiver credit on line 307 instead of line 304 currently claim by TurboTax? CRA advised last year that this need to be claimed on line 307

You would have to enter your parent as a dependent firstly, then apply the credit under the Deductions tab - Claim for Dependent > Amount for Infirm Dependent.  This will apply the credit on line 307 instead of 304.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You would have to enter your parent as a dependent firstly, then apply the credit under the Deductions tab - Claim for Dependent > Amount for Infirm Dependent.  This will apply the credit on line 307 instead of 304.