Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gturner

I am retired and I closed my business, but I continue to work and make under $30,000 for the professional services I provide. Which TurboTax do I need?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am retired and I closed my business, but I continue to work and make under $30,000 for the professional services I provide. Which TurboTax do I need?

You can use any version of TurboTax to prepare your tax return that has Self-Employed income.

However, we recommend TurboTax Self-Employed as it provides more guidance while you are doing your return. But if you start with a different version, you can always upgrade if you choose to and the information you have entered will still be there. (Just remember you cannot "downgrade" to a lower version). 

You can buy TurboTax Online here: https://turbotax.intuit.ca/personal-tax-software/online-tax-software.jsp

View solution in original post

3 Replies

You can use any version of TurboTax to prepare your tax return that has Self-Employed income.

However, we recommend TurboTax Self-Employed as it provides more guidance while you are doing your return. But if you start with a different version, you can always upgrade if you choose to and the information you have entered will still be there. (Just remember you cannot "downgrade" to a lower version). 

You can buy TurboTax Online here: https://turbotax.intuit.ca/personal-tax-software/online-tax-software.jsp

gturner

Thanks for your response, but I require more info. You stated that any version of Turbo Tax could be used that has Self-Employed income, I guess that is my next question. Which is lowest priced version that can be used, because your free version does not allow the completion of a T2125 form?

Our Free version will also allow the completion of the T2125 form :smile: The only difference between our Free version and paid versions is you do not have access to Customer Support via phone or having an agent look directly at your tax return, and there is no guidance or optimizer features.:smile: