Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomcoxsr

Line 115 seems low. How do I compare it to 2017 to see where I went wrong?

How do I compare amounts on line 115 from this year to last year as tt seems I am missing something this year

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You will have to open your 2017 tax return to compare the amounts. Line 115 includes other pensions and superannuation income from private pension plans, annuities, Registered Retirement Income Funds (RRIF), and foreign pensions.

TurboTax transfers the following information to line 115 of your return:

• box 31 from your T3 slip & box 16 from your T4A slip

Depending on your age and the reason you received the amount, the following amounts may also be included on line 115:

• box 24 from your T4A slip, box 16 or 20 of your T4RIF slip & box 19 of your T5 slip

To review and confirm the source amounts of other pensions and superannuation on line 115.

• You will find all these slips under the Income tab > Tslips.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You will have to open your 2017 tax return to compare the amounts. Line 115 includes other pensions and superannuation income from private pension plans, annuities, Registered Retirement Income Funds (RRIF), and foreign pensions.

TurboTax transfers the following information to line 115 of your return:

• box 31 from your T3 slip & box 16 from your T4A slip

Depending on your age and the reason you received the amount, the following amounts may also be included on line 115:

• box 24 from your T4A slip, box 16 or 20 of your T4RIF slip & box 19 of your T5 slip

To review and confirm the source amounts of other pensions and superannuation on line 115.

• You will find all these slips under the Income tab > Tslips.