Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I enter all 6 decimal positions for T5008 Box 16?

When I entered the Quantity of Securities (Box 16) on T-slip T5008 I get the following error:

"Please enter dollar value in the format of 9999.99"

The issue is the quantity on the form has 6 decimal positions.

Thanks 

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You will not be able to enter 6 digits after the period. You will need to round it off to 1 or 0. The software doesn't use that field to determine the amount of income transferred to the T1 General. Also, the CRA does not see or receive that field in the NETFILE or printed returns. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

To clarify, I was referring to 6 positions after the decimal (i.e. xxx.xxxxxx)

Sorry for the misunderstanding, please see revised answer! Thank you

You will not be able to enter 6 digits after the period. You will need to round it off to 1 or 0. The software doesn't use that field to determine the amount of income transferred to the T1 General. Also, the CRA does not see or receive that field in the NETFILE or printed returns. 

ja104

It seems that Intuit doesn't understand that the field is being validated to a currency mask as error says to a "enter a dollar value in the format of 9999.99" whereas box 16 requires a numeric value with at least 6 decimal places. Just because CRA doesn't see, I do and I don't want to have to go back to my receipts to see what the actual quantity was.  If this is acceptable accounting to fudge the number to get around a formatting error, then I would like to sell you a box of smarties. But I only accept Bitcoin. Oh and by the way, my wallet only accepts whole numbers, so just round it up to the nearest whole number. Not so smarties.

MikeS68
Returning Member

FYI, still broken 2 years later.
Can I have the red ones? 🙂

Mike.

Thank you for your feedback, we value your opinion and have shared this information with the proper TurboTax team.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.