Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gymdoctor

Can I get a refund for the online system purchase because I didn't know until afterwards that there was a limit of 2 returns?

For many years now, I have purchased the software from a retailer or downloaded it directly from TurboTax each year. I was sent helpful email links to purchase the download. This year, I was sent similar email links, but they sent me to the online version. I took this option and paid $19.99 x 2 for my return and my wife. I did not realize there was a limit to number of returns I could file, and I didn't realize I'd have to pay $19.99 for each return. In prior years, I filed 4 returns for myself and family members for the cost of $30 or less for the software from a retailer or direct download. Why did TurboTax change these alerts without being clear?? Given the limit of 2 returns for the online system, I had to do pay for online access and purchase the software at a cost of $40 + $30. I would like to pursue a refund for the cost of the online system access. I feel I have been ripped off. 

1 Reply

Can I get a refund for the online system purchase because I didn't know until afterwards that there was a limit of 2 returns?

Here are the ways you can request a refund: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647900