Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lizyfoo

Where can I find details of taxable capital gain based on CRA imported details. I can't seem to verify the calculated taxable gain based on my T2008 and T3 slips.

I am trying to verify the calculated Taxable Capital Gains shown on my Summary but cannot calculate the amount shown, which is based on CRA autofill information. How can I find the details of this calculation? I did not enter T2008 details.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Where can I find details of taxable capital gain based on CRA imported details. I can't seem to verify the calculated taxable gain based on my T2008 and T3 slips.

If you are using TurboTax Desktop, go into Forms mode and search for Schedule 3.

If you are using TurboTax Online, go to File > Print Your Tax Return, and generate a PDF of your return which will include Schedule 3.  You may have to complete payment if you are not in the Free product in order to access the PDF download.  You do not need to have finished your return, but do make sure to generate a new PDF for your records once you have finished.

You will also want to return to your T5008 slips imported from the CRA and double check box 20.  Many issuers leave this box for adjusted cost base blank, and you will need to fill it in yourself.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If you are using TurboTax Desktop, go into Forms mode and search for Schedule 3.

If you are using TurboTax Online, go to File > Print Your Tax Return, and generate a PDF of your return which will include Schedule 3.  You may have to complete payment if you are not in the Free product in order to access the PDF download.  You do not need to have finished your return, but do make sure to generate a new PDF for your records once you have finished.

You will also want to return to your T5008 slips imported from the CRA and double check box 20.  Many issuers leave this box for adjusted cost base blank, and you will need to fill it in yourself.