Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renee13

Can I claim a home office if I am salaried, work in the office as well as at home

I use a home office and personal cell for work.  I work numerous hours and I am on call unofficially 24/7

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can I claim a home office if I am salaried, work in the office as well as at home

In order to claim Home Office Expenses, you will need a completed and signed T2200 - Declaration of Conditions of Employment stating that you must perform 50% or more of your duties from your home.

There are different deductions available for Salaried Employees and Commission Employees which can be found in this CRA guide: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/forms-publications/publications/t4044/employment-ex...

View solution in original post

3 Replies

In order to claim Home Office Expenses, you will need a completed and signed T2200 - Declaration of Conditions of Employment stating that you must perform 50% or more of your duties from your home.

There are different deductions available for Salaried Employees and Commission Employees which can be found in this CRA guide: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/forms-publications/publications/t4044/employment-ex...

argmora

Would the standard package offers the support to claim home office expenses for employed users?

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

Yes. All our products support the claim for office expenses under the employment expenses profile.