Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On schedule 3 for capital gains how do I enter more than 1 million shares and more than $10million in proceeds of disposition?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

On schedule 3 for capital gains how do I enter more than 1 million shares and more than $10million in proceeds of disposition?

You may not be able to do this in a desktop version of TurboTax. But, you should be able to do it in TurboTax Online.

Go to a Capital Gains Summary screen by either clicking on the Find icon at the top and typing "Capital Gains" (see 1st screenshot). Or by clicking on "Income" in the left-side vertical nav and then "Investments" > "Capital Gains Profile". 

Once on the Capital Gains Profile screen, click "Continue" button. This should take you to the Summary screen. Click edit and enter the new amount manually. 

I've provided screenshots below for your reference. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You may not be able to do this in a desktop version of TurboTax. But, you should be able to do it in TurboTax Online.

Go to a Capital Gains Summary screen by either clicking on the Find icon at the top and typing "Capital Gains" (see 1st screenshot). Or by clicking on "Income" in the left-side vertical nav and then "Investments" > "Capital Gains Profile". 

Once on the Capital Gains Profile screen, click "Continue" button. This should take you to the Summary screen. Click edit and enter the new amount manually. 

I've provided screenshots below for your reference. Hope this helps.