Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
relic39

If i have empl inc (90% of 2018 income) on a t4 & t2200 and have self empl comm (10% of 2108 empl inc)on a t4a, can i allocate auto/empl/office exp under self empl exp?

intuit turbotax self-employed 2018

2 Replies
TurboTaxLynda
Intuit Alumni

If i have empl inc (90% of 2018 income) on a t4 & t2200 and have self empl comm (10% of 2108 empl inc)on a t4a, can i allocate auto/empl/office exp under self empl exp?

I am in that same situation. If both T4 income and T4A income are from the same line of business it is certainly a good idea to just put all your expenses under your self-employed business.  When you enter your T4A TurboTax will transfer that S-E income on a T2125. You can access that form and complete the missing information and enter your expenses.

• click Find (top right corner) --> type T4A --> click OK --> enter your T4A slip
  • click Find (top right corner) --> type Self-Employment --> click OK --> complete the form and enter your expenses
relic39

Thank you for the reply. I already submitted but will look at this for next year.