Why was the live expert help - "get unlimited advice with a live tax expert" - not available as advertised (and paid for)?

I was promised a call back from a tax expert and never got one. My case is # xxxxxxxxx.

I was using Turbo Tax Premier ($39.99) and then agreed to pay an extra $60 for the Live Assist & Review (“Expert Help”). But when I clicked on the Expert Help button, and I was supposed to get “unlimited tax advice” “over one-way video” I only got a call from someone whose English was poor and who could not understand the question I was asking, who got cut off and kept losing my file. The whole 30 minutes was a waste of time as he didn’t help me at all.

I tried to get Expert Help again twice today but did not receive anything of the sort. I received two calls from people at call centres who supposedly know something about the product but NOTHING about taxes. Both of them said they were putting in a special request for me to get the call from a real tax expert - which never came.

I’ve now wasted about 2 hours of my time talking to people who can’t help me, trying to get the service that I was supposed to get with that purchase and I’m furious! I also stayed home from work all day today waiting for your call. I cannot do so tomorrow.

I believe I should not be charged for the service that I did not receive. As I will need to pay to submit my taxes, I will accept a refund. 
I will follow up until this is resolved. 

Sincerely, 
A very unsatisfied customer

Answer

We have reported this matter to our Assist and Review manager. Thank you for your comment. 

Was this answer helpful? Yes No
Default user avatars original
Employee

No answers have been posted

More Actions

People come to TurboTax AnswerXchange for help and answers—we want to let them know that we're here to listen and share our knowledge. We do that with the style and format of our responses. Here are five guidelines:

1. Keep it conversational. When answering questions, write like you speak. Imagine you're explaining something to a trusted friend, using simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible. When no other word will do, explain technical terms in plain English.
  2. Be clear and state the answer right up front. Ask yourself what specific information the person really needs and then provide it. Stick to the topic and avoid unnecessary details. Break information down into a numbered or bulleted list and highlight the most important details in bold.
  3. Be concise. Aim for no more than two short sentences in a paragraph, and try to keep paragraphs to two lines. A wall of text can look intimidating and many won't read it, so break it up. It's okay to link to other resources for more details, but avoid giving answers that contain little more than a link.
  4. Be a good listener. When people post very general questions, take a second to try to understand what they're really looking for. Then, provide a response that guides them to the best possible outcome.
  5. Be encouraging and positive. Look for ways to eliminate uncertainty by anticipating people's concerns. Make it apparent that we really like helping them achieve positive outcomes.

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community