Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drob0472

How do i claim self employment income from two different sources?1 was my home based internet biz, other as subcontractor in different field. How to list this for taxes?

I have my regular internet biz i have filed with for years. In 2018 I also worked as a subcontractor in a different type of business as an installer outside of my home going to different dwellings to do installs in town and out of town.

Do i add up my total income from both self employment incomes and use that as my total self employed income or no?

I also have expenses related to both different self employment incomes. Are expenses different from allowances, discounts

1 Reply

How do i claim self employment income from two different sources?1 was my home based internet biz, other as subcontractor in different field. How to list this for taxes?

Hi there,

In our Self-Emlpoyed Online product (or Assist & Review Self-Employed), navigating under Income > Self-Employment >  Business or Professional Activities. Under the "Your Self-Employment or Business Summary" you can add a second business by selecting "Enter a new Business for YOURNAME".

However if you received a T4A for this self-employment income you would not enter it here as it would be counting it twice, incorrectly.