Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidfsynergy
Returning Member

How do I amend the currently saved 2018 TurboTax file (which has incorrect tuition carried forward amounts) to agree with CRA's carried forward amounts?

The CRA revised a return I submitted based on tuition carry forward amounts they had on record, but that I had not been advised about. How do I amend the currently saved 2018 TurboTax file (which has incorrect carried forward amounts), so that the carried forward information I import next year from the file will be in sync with the carried forward records that CRA currently has on file?
1 Reply

How do I amend the currently saved 2018 TurboTax file (which has incorrect tuition carried forward amounts) to agree with CRA's carried forward amounts?

You cannot amend your TurboTax return which has already been filed and saved without doing an actual "ReFile", and in this case it is not necessary to do so.

What you will need to do next year after carrying forward your TurboTax file is change the amounts to reflect the correct ones on file with CRA. As this happens often with Tuition CarryForwards it is recommended that you verify any amounts with CRA either via phone or in your online CRA My Account when preparing the return.