Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jim41
Returning Member

Can I add a dependent to my 2018 tax return with refile to claim tax credit transferred for that dependent? I already received my 2018 NOA.

3 Replies

Can I add a dependent to my 2018 tax return with refile to claim tax credit transferred for that dependent? I already received my 2018 NOA.

Yes, you are able to use ReFile to add a dependant to your 2018 income tax return.  Please see the following FAQ for more information.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3639538

jim41
Returning Member

I did not enter the dependent information in my original return. When I entered the dependent information and refile the return, neither the "ReFile change Summary" or the "Refile Information for CRA" forms contain the new dependent's information. It only show changes to the DTC transfer. Does Refile actually submits the dependent's information to the CRA?
jim41
Returning Member

Does Refile send the only the changes (as in the "T1- adjustment form") or does it send the entire tax file with the changes?